Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio HD
1 x Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio HD
1 x Power Cable
1 x Carrying Case
1 Day: $75 | 3 Day: $115 |
5 Day: $145 | 7 Day: $175 |
10 Day: $205 | 14 Day: $225 |
Please type in 'Atem Television Studio HD' in our rental form
Inputs 4 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI
4 x HDMI Type A
2 x XLR analog audio
1 x BNC, reference
1 x 1/4" microphone input
Outputs 4 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, talkback program
1 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, program
1 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, multiview
1 x BNC, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, auxiliary
1 x HDMI Type A, multiview
1 x 1/4" stereo headphone
Other 1 x D-Sub, RS-422
1 x RJ-45, Ethernet
1 x USB 2.0 Type B
Format Support SDI:
SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M Video Sampling 10-bit, 4:2:2 Color Precision 10-bit, 4:2:2 Color Space 4:2:2 YUV Color Space Conversion Hardware-based real time
Keyers Upstream: 1
Transition, Stinger: 0
Transition, DVE: 1
Layers Up to 5 Generators Pattern: 2
Interface Requires monitor resolution of 1366 x 768 or greater Number of Windows 1 x 10 Routable Windows 8 Tally Red for program, green for preview (tally output supported via Ethernet connection to separately available GPI and Tally Interface products) Processing Delay 6 lines Operating System Support Apple MacOS 10.10 or newer
Windows 8.1 or newer (64-bit only)
Power Supply 110-240 VAC (internal) Power Draw 40 W Dimensions 11 x 6.9 x 1.75" / 28 x 17.5 x 4.4 cm Weight 3.2 lb / 1.4 kg
Designed for broadcasters and A/V professionals, Blackmagic Design's ATEM Television Studio HD is a compact yet powerful and easy-to-operate solution. Four of each HDMI and SDI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis, and both sets of inputs support SD and HD resolution signals. The relatively small chassis can fit on a standard equipment rack with the separately available Teranex Mini Rack Shelf, so it can be brought on location for streaming video, or installed semi-permanently for recording or broadcasting from a studio.
The front panel keeps essential controls at arm's reach, while more advanced controls and settings, such as upstream and downstream keyers, graphics, media, and precise mixing for the 10 channels of available audio can be accessed through the USB interface or with an ATEM control surface. Move to the rear to reveal the BNC and HDMI connections for input and output. Multiview can be transmitted over SDI or HDMI to align with your equipment setup, and an AUX output lets you send video to an external display, which is great for live events with a projection setup. Four of the SDI outputs have embedded talkback audio for studio setups. Blackmagic Design Studio Cameras can also be controlled from the switcher for consistent looks across the board.
Choose from a wide range of transitions including cut, mix, dip, and wipe patterns. ATEM Television Studio HD makes every transition instantly available and gives you full control over type, pattern, length, and more.
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: ATEM Television Studio HD has 18 built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized colored borders. You can even insert live video into the borders for further customization.
- DVE: The ATEM Television Studio HD has a powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE. You can push, spin, squeeze and swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in DVE transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options. With 35 built-in pre-programmed moves, you can get started with advanced transitions. Graphic wipes can also be created by combining a DVE transition with a logo created in Photoshop.